Friday, November 27, 2009

The sun is shining...

and the air is cold as it should be in late November. Somewhere out there people are pushing and shoving for whatever is left on the racks. Not me. Today is a rare day when there is nothing official on the docket. I may or may not leave the house and I may or may not get out of my pajamas. Just depends on how the day unfolds.

God was wise to declare a sabbath for humans. Given our natural propensities we would fill every waking moment with something to do and develop the drugs to keep us awake all the time. Come to think of it we have. Once a week we need to have very little to do, preferably nothing, and let these mortal bodies rest and regain something of what has been lost over the prior week.

So I'm going to sit here for a while. It's the least I can do.

1 comment:

  1. "Black Friday" -- the day after Thanksgiving when the Christmas shopping "officially" begins -- is a good day to stay home to read, rest, and relax. Some stores open as early as 4 a.m. on this day to woo shoppers to their stores, because they have special early bird sales.

    I will not let such high-caliber sales affect me. It's just not worth saving a few dollars to upset one's schedule and endanger one's health and well-being.

    ReplyDelete