Thursday, September 10, 2009

In a few days...

we'll go quiet in my family as we think about my brother Paul and life that passed too soon.

I can remember it quite vividly, September 11, 2006, the call to my work. Something was wrong at Paul's hotel room, paramedics, 44, gone. Mouth open, no words. Mind in full acquisition mode, no reasons. Drive to his wife's, or is it his widow's home. What can we do? Here's money to help out. God, he has kids, why? And the sky is silent.

Tonight I'll go to his grave and light a candle. This Sunday, as I always do, I'll pray for him and his family. Yet the words still do not come to me and the sky, at least in this matter, refuses to answer.

4 comments:

  1. May his memory be eternal. My younger brother died young too. No one has told me why either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother had a heart attack and the autopsy indicated that he had probably had another that he just walked through. I've just received no answer from God about it all, just perhaps "My grace is sufficient for thee..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is unfortunate that many people die at a very young age. This is something of which we have no control.

    I think the best way to view this phenomenon is that God wanted these people in Heaven at an early age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son passed some 5 years ago now and my sister-in-law only last year. I can only say that all God works all things for our salvation. I accept it as a mystery (a painful mystery).

    Lord have mercy and His grace be upon you in this your time of trial.

    ReplyDelete