Monday, August 3, 2009

My fingertips hurt...

and the muscles around my neck are feeling the strain. For over three hours tonight music poured out of me as it does once or twice a week and has from the time I was a child

It's not that I'm the best. I'm not even close. Yet if my life were a movie there would be a soundtrack and it would be way better than the picture. There is always, has always been, music inside, around, over, and above me. Some time before I was born the spring was wound and the music box has yet to stop.

Now some people swim in a sea of numbers, others in facts, others in tasks. I swim in music and even my words are their best when they sound like lyrics. My life is a song I hope will become a hymn that never ends.

So my fingers hurt, bass strings are like wires, but every other part of me is awake, aware, and alive even as this day closes and the next arrives in my sleep.

1 comment:

  1. For The Traveling Priest, music pours out of him for hours at a time some days. He swims in a sea of music, while other people swim in a sea of numbers, facts, or tasks.

    I swim in a sea of facts; that is, once I learn something I tend to remember it for several decades. This "photographic memory" has resulted in some people calling me a "walking encyclopedia."

    I sincerely believe that God has provided every human being with a spark that can be ignited to illustrate an exceptional talent.

    ReplyDelete