Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Memory eternal...




I learned today that Larry Norman has passed away.

For many of us in the 70's and 80's his Christian rock music was a kind of soundtrack, his songs sometimes gritty and passionate but also hopful and uncompromising. Long before Christian contemporary music became a multi-billion dollar industry he was just a man who loved the Lord and wanted to put his faith to the music he loved as well.

In so many times of my own life, especially in times of struggle, I found his music to be a balm, a gift given to me to help make it though another day. And when I heard this morning that he died the words of one of his songs immediately came to mind...

May this good life be the life I lead
May my faith grow like a mustard seed
May Your love be all the love I need
To carry me all the way home....

No comments:

Post a Comment